Clarifying my Job Status
Have been wanting to post this for some time. But I fell ill, then my chinchilla passed away, and work got a little crazy at times.....
A lot of people have been asking me about my job status and it seems like a handful are having incorrect preconceived ideas. Before wrong information is further circulated, here are the clarifications:
I did not take up the EDB job offer -
I got an offer by EDB's biomedical cluster (the biopolis team) to help bring medical device MNCs to Singapore and to lead an initiative to grow the level of medtech innovation in Singapore. EDB did invite me to talk to some of their senior executives on several occasions after I got the offer. But I did not take it up.
I did not rejoin my previous silicon valley company, USGI Medical Inc -
I did mention to some people that I have been in touch with my ex-boss (also my mentor) all the while and may return to work with him in silicon valley. But I never said i was planning to head back to the same company. He's a serial entrepreneur. He cannot stand staying put in a same company for too long one.
I am joining my ex-boss as part of the pioneering team of a new company -
The new company we are starting is call Voyage Medical Inc. It is also a medical device company but this time round, its a device to do with the heart, not GI. We think we have a really cool platform technology that will be highly disruptive to the way current structural heart disease surgeries are performed (all over the world). A platform technology means it will be applicable for not just one but multiple structural heart diseases. We think the market is ready. A number of investors are excited about us. That's all I can say at the moment.
I am still in Singapore -
Some pple msn me and thought Im back in SV. Im not. Im working from Singapore at the moment. Video conference on skype is my best friend now. My working hours are flexible (also means hours are unstable). I don't have an office yet cos we are pre-funded. Im working from a home office. Else I like to work in the national library at Bras Brasah. So pple working in that area can jio me for lunch. I am likely to fly back for a few mths this year and head back for good early next year.
Yeah. Finally clarified.
By the way, there will be an article on me tomrw (thurs) on Strait Times on what I did during my NOC SV trip that resulted in me graduating late and eventually choosing a road less travelled upon graduation. (at least tt's the angle tt i was told) Pei yun will be on too. You can check it out if you are interested.
A lot of people have been asking me about my job status and it seems like a handful are having incorrect preconceived ideas. Before wrong information is further circulated, here are the clarifications:
I did not take up the EDB job offer -
I got an offer by EDB's biomedical cluster (the biopolis team) to help bring medical device MNCs to Singapore and to lead an initiative to grow the level of medtech innovation in Singapore. EDB did invite me to talk to some of their senior executives on several occasions after I got the offer. But I did not take it up.
I did not rejoin my previous silicon valley company, USGI Medical Inc -
I did mention to some people that I have been in touch with my ex-boss (also my mentor) all the while and may return to work with him in silicon valley. But I never said i was planning to head back to the same company. He's a serial entrepreneur. He cannot stand staying put in a same company for too long one.
I am joining my ex-boss as part of the pioneering team of a new company -
The new company we are starting is call Voyage Medical Inc. It is also a medical device company but this time round, its a device to do with the heart, not GI. We think we have a really cool platform technology that will be highly disruptive to the way current structural heart disease surgeries are performed (all over the world). A platform technology means it will be applicable for not just one but multiple structural heart diseases. We think the market is ready. A number of investors are excited about us. That's all I can say at the moment.
I am still in Singapore -
Some pple msn me and thought Im back in SV. Im not. Im working from Singapore at the moment. Video conference on skype is my best friend now. My working hours are flexible (also means hours are unstable). I don't have an office yet cos we are pre-funded. Im working from a home office. Else I like to work in the national library at Bras Brasah. So pple working in that area can jio me for lunch. I am likely to fly back for a few mths this year and head back for good early next year.
Yeah. Finally clarified.
By the way, there will be an article on me tomrw (thurs) on Strait Times on what I did during my NOC SV trip that resulted in me graduating late and eventually choosing a road less travelled upon graduation. (at least tt's the angle tt i was told) Pei yun will be on too. You can check it out if you are interested.

1 Comments:
hi bro Ruey Feng! woa. will catch up on your blog when i have the time. just discovered Ps Jeff's. cool! great you guys had a great exp at the JB BLMI meet! it must be inspiring
Post a Comment
<< Home