Oreo passed away last night
Sometimes life just cruises pass. Nothing special. No ups, nor downs.
Then something can suddenly happen.
My favourite pet, a black velvet chinchilla, who has been with me for over 5 years passed away pretty unexpectedly last night at the age of 6 years old.
Oreo has been a joy to have around. I bought him more than 5 years ago. I remember the days I will go down to Shawn's store at crown centre to look at the chins with my ex. Oreo was special. Me and Tina knew it. He was very smart, very athlete.
Oreo is one of those things that makes you know you are home, esp after i came back from silicon valley; jumping around when he sees you, eagerly waiting to be fed with almond treats. He knows how to jump to my shoulder when I open the cage. Very impressive to demo to visitors. I rem I was so thrilled that he still remembers the trick after I was back from a 1.5yr trip from silicon valley. He was the reason why more than half a dozen of his descendents are pretty smart too.
Oreo brings me alot of memories, many of them are my ex-gf Tina. Someone who was very close to my life for 6.5years.
I questioned myself if i could have done a better job in taking care of him. He was having running nose last week. (he was never sick before and took me awhile to figured he actually caught the flu bug too). He was given a jab when i brought him to the vet. Yesterday, he starting breathing hard. I was a little worried and was planning to bring him to the vet again today. Little did i know the extra dosage of antibotics i fed him before i left the house was the final time i saw him.
I was also reminded that I am a pretty early chinchilla owner in Singapore. Chinchillas are expected to have a lifespan of approx 10years. But that is for cold climate environments. I guess my batch of chinchilla owners are the ones who will test out chinchillas' lifespan in hot and humid Singapore.
Haiz.. Well, this incident shook me from the routineness of life and reminded me of some lessons:
1) Life is fragile.
We are afterall made from dust; a combination of carbon compounds, by our lao da upstairs. An invisible potent virus is enough to wipe you out. However, Man sometimes forget they are fragile because Man are also smart (a result of a creation in God's image). We make up from our fragility by coming up with ways to fight potential hazards to improve our quality of life. But being smart doesn't take away the fact that life is afterall, fragile.
2) Don't take your love ones for granted.
Ok, i must admit my sister is really one tough person in my life who is very capable of making my blood boil. But i must say if she suddenly pass away, i will be pretty devastated. People often only start cherishing when we lose something. Let's remind ourselves not to take our love ones for granted.
Then something can suddenly happen.
My favourite pet, a black velvet chinchilla, who has been with me for over 5 years passed away pretty unexpectedly last night at the age of 6 years old.
Oreo has been a joy to have around. I bought him more than 5 years ago. I remember the days I will go down to Shawn's store at crown centre to look at the chins with my ex. Oreo was special. Me and Tina knew it. He was very smart, very athlete.
Oreo is one of those things that makes you know you are home, esp after i came back from silicon valley; jumping around when he sees you, eagerly waiting to be fed with almond treats. He knows how to jump to my shoulder when I open the cage. Very impressive to demo to visitors. I rem I was so thrilled that he still remembers the trick after I was back from a 1.5yr trip from silicon valley. He was the reason why more than half a dozen of his descendents are pretty smart too.
Oreo brings me alot of memories, many of them are my ex-gf Tina. Someone who was very close to my life for 6.5years.
I questioned myself if i could have done a better job in taking care of him. He was having running nose last week. (he was never sick before and took me awhile to figured he actually caught the flu bug too). He was given a jab when i brought him to the vet. Yesterday, he starting breathing hard. I was a little worried and was planning to bring him to the vet again today. Little did i know the extra dosage of antibotics i fed him before i left the house was the final time i saw him.
I was also reminded that I am a pretty early chinchilla owner in Singapore. Chinchillas are expected to have a lifespan of approx 10years. But that is for cold climate environments. I guess my batch of chinchilla owners are the ones who will test out chinchillas' lifespan in hot and humid Singapore.
Haiz.. Well, this incident shook me from the routineness of life and reminded me of some lessons:
1) Life is fragile.
We are afterall made from dust; a combination of carbon compounds, by our lao da upstairs. An invisible potent virus is enough to wipe you out. However, Man sometimes forget they are fragile because Man are also smart (a result of a creation in God's image). We make up from our fragility by coming up with ways to fight potential hazards to improve our quality of life. But being smart doesn't take away the fact that life is afterall, fragile.
2) Don't take your love ones for granted.
Ok, i must admit my sister is really one tough person in my life who is very capable of making my blood boil. But i must say if she suddenly pass away, i will be pretty devastated. People often only start cherishing when we lose something. Let's remind ourselves not to take our love ones for granted.

3 Comments:
*pat pat*
I can sort of understand that feeling if let's say 1 day my dog passes away.
I remember Oreo...
Post a Comment
<< Home