My first HopeKids session
I served my first HopeKids session last sunday. It was a trial run for me and i guess a good trial run for them on me too.
I was pretty lost for the first 15-20mins. I have no idea how to respond to the setting.
The group i was in was HopeTots (2-4years old approx). I have no idea if they understood what i said. No idea if i should get them to follow what im doing or to allow them to run around. No idea how to respond when they ignore me.
How cool. Cos it was a totally foreign environment for me. Very interesting.
In the end, my favourite kid is Jacob. Cos he was the first kid who spoke to me (no one else talked to me. v sad, i know). When i asked him if he understood the teaching, he nodded his head and said, "Cannot fight." So smart! Heh.
Another funny thing is when a little gal came in late, i told her to take off her shoes nicely. Then Shuhui told me off in astonishment, "Ah yo, you are suppose to help her take off her shoes instead." I forgot they are toddlers! So silly.
Little things like helping kids put on their tiny shoes, seeing how little children cry when they don't see their mum because parents are such a source of security for these little minds, are pretty fascinating and refreshing.
I think i will learn alot from serving in this ministry. Hope i will fit in.
I was pretty lost for the first 15-20mins. I have no idea how to respond to the setting.
The group i was in was HopeTots (2-4years old approx). I have no idea if they understood what i said. No idea if i should get them to follow what im doing or to allow them to run around. No idea how to respond when they ignore me.
How cool. Cos it was a totally foreign environment for me. Very interesting.
In the end, my favourite kid is Jacob. Cos he was the first kid who spoke to me (no one else talked to me. v sad, i know). When i asked him if he understood the teaching, he nodded his head and said, "Cannot fight." So smart! Heh.
Another funny thing is when a little gal came in late, i told her to take off her shoes nicely. Then Shuhui told me off in astonishment, "Ah yo, you are suppose to help her take off her shoes instead." I forgot they are toddlers! So silly.
Little things like helping kids put on their tiny shoes, seeing how little children cry when they don't see their mum because parents are such a source of security for these little minds, are pretty fascinating and refreshing.
I think i will learn alot from serving in this ministry. Hope i will fit in.

2 Comments:
Swwwwweeet. :) My heart's beating faster... can't wait to join you guys in HopeKids... :)
Hi, chanced by ur blog when i read weichu's, saw the link.. ur favourite kid is Caleb.. ha there's no Jacob in the group...
Shuhui
Post a Comment
<< Home